Administrative Systems Requests
Below is a list of requests that employees can submit. Any request that is submitted will be reviewed and can be escalated due to its complexity.
Users can submit a project request when they need assistance to streamline business processes or manage new software implementations. They can also submit a project request when they need automation, reports, dashboards, or instructional materials developed. Submitting a project request will require approval from the selected department.
Examples of projects include:
- Installing Security Cameras
- Online Training Development (For new trainings only)
- Server Upgrades
- Developing New Business Solutions (Smartsheet, ETR, Contract Request, etc.)
- Concur Implementation
See the project process outlined below prior to submitting a request.
Users can submit a simple request when they need a minor update or upgrade added to their existing application, course, form, or webpage template/layout. A simple request can also be submitted for new items that require minimal work and do not need project management resources. Submitting a simple request will require approval from the selected department.
Examples of simple requests include:
- Adding electronic signatures to Adobe Forms
- Minor updates to pre-existing to online training or web application
- Updating pre-existing webpages, guides, or simple forms
- Updating workflow in Smartsheet
ServiceNow is used to track emails that employees send to Support. Users can submit an email if they need technical assistance troubleshooting a business solution, software, or hardware. Users can also submit an email if there is an outage, minor updates to a webpage, require assistance with software installations, or if they need documents retrieved by DMC.
Examples of emails include:
- Technical assistance with RIMS
- Assistance with running software updates
- Document retrieval
- Troubleshooting a technical issue (e.g. access or other needs not covered by the Simple Request or Project Request forms)
Project Process Outline
Request a new Project through the Project Request Form . If you require any assistance, contact us at (657) 278-3737 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on project priorities, check out our Priority Definitions .
Request will be sent to a designated department approver for review and approval to proceed.
Based on priority and scheduling, a project manager will be assigned to create the scope of work.
Scope of Work
The Project Manager will create a Scope of Work detailing the desired outcomes of the project. Additional follow-up may be required.
Project will be reviewed with customer for feasibility. Based on priority and workload for Administrative Systems (AFIT) and customer, the project will be scheduled.