Document Management Center (DMC)
How can we assist you with your documents, today?
The Document Management Center (DMC) scans documents for a variety of on-campus departments. With DMC services, we can help you with the following:
- Custom document index retrieval
- Document security
- Electronic viewing
- Eliminate the need of storing and retrieving the physical document
- Retention policy guidelines
You can learn more about our process at DMC Process Overview.
Have questions? Contact us or submit your scanning project request!
Batch & Index Coversheets
- Academic Programs Batch Coversheet
- Academic Programs Course Index Coversheet
- Academic Programs Program Index Coversheet
Dean of Students
Environmental Health & Safety (EHS)
Faculty Affairs and Records (FAR)
- FAR Confidential Index Coversheet - One Document
- FAR Confidential Index Coversheet - Multiple Documents (1-12)
- FAR Confidential Index Coversheet - Multiple Documents (12+)
- FAR Faculty Index Coversheet - One Document
- FAR Faculty Index Coversheet - Multiple Documents (1-12)
- FAR Faculty Index Coversheet - Multiple Documents (12+)
Resource Planning and Budget
SONAR - Human Resources Diversity and Inclusion
DMC Process Overview
Prepping refers to the process of preparing documents for scanning. The prepping process is conducted by all departments who scan documents. We provide a prepping training upon request. We tailor this training to your department in terms of details and questions.
This process involves a presentation of the scanning implementation phases, along with an actual demonstration of the process.
This is the process of viewing your documents electronically after they have been scanned. In this training, we demonstrate how to view your documents, and talk about what access is needed to view documents.
After a document is scanned, it is returned to the department. The department then decides whether they will shred the hard copy or send them to be stored/archived.
Electronic Retention / Purging
An electronic copy of documents are kept for a specific period. When the set date arrives, we request permission to purge/delete the specified documents. DMC will never purge documents without the approval of the customer/owner of documents.
FileNet Access Request Requirements
To request, change, or remove FileNet document access, please submit your request to the Document Management Center . The following information below will be required.
1. Name of the individual(s) that need(s) access
2. List the campus-wide ID (CWID) of the individual(s)
3. Name the individual to copy access from (if applicable)
4. Name one of the following request types:
- New Access
- Update Access
- Remove Access
5. Name the level(s) of access for the individual(s)
- Read - ability to view only
- Write - ability to view and create or edit annotations